One fat girl's mission to get skinny.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursdays=Weigh In Day

At 5:15 I had my sixth weigh in with Weight Watchers (WW). 

I gained.  Ugh.  Are you ready for this number?  Are you?

.2 lbs.  Did you even see the tiny little dot before the two?

That's right I gained two tenths of a pound.  Do I sound depressed?  I'm not.  I forgot to pee before I weighed in.  Yeah, that's it. 

SIDE NOTE: To all my math teacher friends:  Are you proud of me?  I did the math on that one!  Now that I think about it, it's surprising how many of my friends are math teachers.   Disgusting really, since I get nauseated at the sight of a #2 pencil or a TI 82 calculator.  But I digress.

This is the Weight Watchers Record Keeper.


For those who are not familiar with Weight Watchers(WW), every Thursday I go weigh in at the only WW meeting in town.  I stand in line with a bunch of other hefty people wearing an inappropriate amount of clothing considering the chilly weather.  We all have our Weight Records and Monthly Passes in our hands and wait for our own turn to stand on a giant scale in front of one of the former fat ladies (FFL) that is now working for WW.  (There will be a future post on WW meetings, talk about the ultimate place to people watch!)  The FFL then writes in our logs whether we lost, gained or stayed the same.

As you can see, I have a bit of a pattern going on.  Loss.  Loss. Gain.  Loss.  Loss.  Gain.   I am not upset about it.  The gains are tiny in comparison to the losses.  I am actually running at the suggested -2lbs. a week.  I just do it 4 lbs. at a time and then take a break.  I don't even mind if I keep this pattern.  That is only if the gains are all .2lbs and the losses are 4lbs! 

Oh, just in case you were wondering, the awesome gold star is for losing 5lbs.  I should have another one, because I lost 5 more but I forgot to get it tonight.  I have lost exactly 10lbs total to date. Wow, there are a lot of mathy sort of references in this post.  I am shocked.  My middle school math teacher was right, you really do need math skills in everyday life! 

Off to count how many points I have left for the day.  HA, more math!  Who knew.

Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So, am I to understand that the FFL does the entry into your book and not each person? Is there an assumption that someone might not be truthful in their entry?

Kalena said...

Judie,
Yes. Not only do they mark it in your take home weight tracker but they also have a tracker on me that they keep. No cheating can occur. I can't even open their tracker!

Amanda said...

Good job on the 10 lbs! My weight loss followed the same pattern too...it's normal. Drink lots of water!