One fat girl's mission to get skinny.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Making Better Food Choices...

...While Eating Out.

As a preschool teacher I am always asking my toddlers, "Did you do the right thing?".  For the last month or so I have asked my self the same question about food.

Today we ate at our favorite restaurant, Posados.  I love to eat Mexican or Tex Mex or Southwestern fare.  It's all tasty. (Who am I kidding, I love to eat, cuisine can change and I will still eat it)  In the past I would get a big platter with a chicken tamale, cheese enchilada, a cheese chili relleno, rice, beans, and 4 flour tortillas.  Now to be fair I would take half of it home.  I haven't even included the chips, queso, salsa, guacamole and the free sopapilla!  No wonder I am fat?!?!?!

This was my meal today:

Authentic Chicken Fajita Tacos with Black Beans and Rice

What is the difference?

My old meal was about 50 points.

The new meal is 15 points.  That is including the corn tortillas I ate before the meal!  That is a HUGE difference.  It tasted just as yummy and I was just as full.  (Really I was less full but all that meant was I could move after the meal, which is a good thing.)

Oh,  just so you know I get 36 points (as of now, the more weight I lose the less points I will have to eat with) a day.

All this talk about food has made me hungry.  I'm out.
Kalena
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: