One fat girl's mission to get skinny.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

C25K

No, It's not a new, hip boy band.  Are boy bands still around?

It's the Couch to 5K. 

The C25K is a pretty straight forward plan to get the average couch potato in enough shape to run a 5K in 9 weeks.  I started it last week with my friend Britney and coincidentally with my neighbor/parent of one of my preschool kiddos.  (I really love when you find out things on Facebook that you otherwise wouldn't know about people and then FB helps keep you accountable, and by love I mean I also sometimes hate the extra accountability!  But that's only on days I don't want to do whatever I am being held accountable for) 

There are several ways to follow the C25K plan.  You can buy it on your computer or, if you are hip like me, HA, you can buy the App on your smart phone for $2.99.  Next to the Apps I bought for my friend's toddler to play on while we are at dinner this is by far the best way I have spent my money.  It is super user friendly.  I just pick which days workout to do and my hottie of a trainer (that's how I picture it in my head) tells me when to run and walk.  Don't worry guys you can change it to a lady trainer's voice, but don't tell my husband!

Britney and I started on a Monday last week and I wanted to die a little.  Not only that but I sputtered and coughed for the rest of the night.  The very next day we went for day 2 and I saw an immediate difference.  My stamina and breathing were already better!  Britney and I finished our week on top, there are only 3 workouts a week, but I felt like I should workout an extra day before the step up on week 2.  I never did the extra workout and I gotta tell you that I did fine on the first day of week 2!

The best part so far is that Carl started running with me this week!  I am so excited to see where this is going!  I hope we start running together!  I totally recommend trying out this App.  If you think you should talk to your doctor before starting a new workout, then please do!  I am going to tell you that if I can do it almost anyone can! 

Happy Running!  Look for us at a 5K near you!  7 weeks to go! Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool -- always have loved running...hope you do too.