One fat girl's mission to get skinny.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Contract

The contract has been drawn up! 

 Carl and I are fully committed to change every aspect of our lives during the 40 days of Lent!  

Will we stop after the 40 days and go back to the same ol' same ol'?

I sure hope not!  We are praying for God to transform us during these 40 days.  Is there any better way to honor Christ with what he did for us than pledging to live our lives trying to be more like Him?  Last time I checked , that's all He wants from us!

In case you aren't on the same page, let me break it down.  

Jesus, the Son of God, wants us, God's children, to love unconditionally, just like He loved us so much that He died on the cross for our iniquities. 

You may be wondering why diet and exercise is our main focus if we are ultimately trying to be more like Christ.

It's simple.  

In order to do your best you must be your best self.  God made us in His image and when we overeat and under-exercise we aren't honoring God in His image.  That being said, I will never be a size 2.  This isn't about being a cookie cutter size.  It's simply means that when I eat better, I feel better, I do better and then I can love better.  

Here is our plan.  Again, I encourage you to follow along with your partner if you feel moved.  You can change it to fit your family situation.  In the week following I will be posting the first week of menus and devotionals so that if you are like me you can plan your meals ahead of time.  Again, feel free to use as much or as little as you like. I hope you are as motivated as I am and I pray the motivation doesn't leave before we even get started! 

Kalena


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: